This recipe is an adaptation from The Pioneer Woman. The sandwiches are SO delicious and so easy to make, my family has asked for them twice this week! Here ya go:
- 3 lb chuck roast
- 1 envelope of Good Season’s Zesty Italian Salad dressing mix
- 8-oz Giardiniera (Chicago-Style Italian Sandwich Mix)
- 14.5-oz can of beef consumme
- provolone cheese slices
- hoagie buns
- Place chuck roast into the bottom of a 6-quart crock pot then sprinkle with salad dressing mix. Add the Giardiniera and beef broth. Place the lid on the crock pot then cook on low for 8 hours, or until meat shreds easily with a fork.
- Split buns in half then scoop the meat mixture on top and add provolone cheese slices. Serve warm.
I read this as CRACKPOT Italian Beef Sandwiches–thought it was a family joke. They look delicious!